To facilitate health and safety for you, our faculty and our staff, changes have been made to the academic calendar to reduce travel to and from campus to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Ann Arbor Fall 2020
- Fall classes begin Aug. 31 and meet continuously through Nov. 20. More details to follow about procedures for arriving on campus.
- There will be no fall break.
- The last day of in-person classes is Nov. 20, the Friday before Thanksgiving. Students are strongly advised to travel home and remain there until the winter term begins.
- Fall classes resume Nov. 30 – Dec. 8 as remote-only instruction with exams and final projects conducted remotely.
- We will not hold a December Commencement ceremony this year, and graduates will be invited to participate in spring ceremonies as they normally are.
Ann Arbor Winter 2021
- Winter semester will begin on Jan. 18 with a day celebrating the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Classes will begin on Jan. 19 and meet continuously through April 20.
- There will be no winter break.
- The later start to the semester is designed to provide students with additional time for rest and self-isolation (if needed before returning to campus), and faculty planning for winter instruction.
- Finals will run April 22–29.
Note: Dates are subject to change based on campus status and may vary by unit in some circumstances.